Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Other Skills: Risk Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Risk & Safety Engineer
Salary: Flexible dependant on experience plus an excellent benefits package
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Take your career to the next level and showcase your technical excellence with this varied role within a rapidly growing, specialist Risk & Safety team.
This role is pivotal to the continued growth of a thriving, successful business unit within the Bureau Veritas Group. You could be working with some of the biggest names in a wide range of high risk sectors including oil and gas, energy and process industries.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
- To undertake work on risk and process safety projects as allocated by the Project Manager / BU Manager, to agreed quality, costs and timescales
- To help identify and secure opportunities to deliver consultancy services to meet client requirements (in industries including oil and gas, power, chemicals, and food industries)
- Be responsive and proactive to requests from the project manager and BU manager
- Contribute to delivery of risk technical projects on time, within cost, and alongside customer satisfaction.
- Effective team worker, able to work efficiently within project teams across a broad range of technical disciplines.
- Communication with clients, including presentations
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Delivery against personal KPIs (such as monitoring individual utilisation etc)
MAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering
- Experience in various risk assessments, hazard identification studies and safety management systems/audits
- A good working knowledge of HAZID, HAZOP and QRA delivery
- A varied technical background with experience of risk and safety management in one or more high risk industries
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills
A GLOBAL LEADER WITH A PERSONAL APPROACH
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.