Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Machinery Diagnostic Engineer performs diagnostic analysis on machinery behavior based on vibration and other mechanical measurements and expertise at customer's sites or remotely from office. The engineer also provides mechanical expertise to configure Bently Nevada machinery management systems and training to customers.
- Have high focus on safety against people, environment and equipment.
- Proactively anticipate in driving our safety culture forward.
- Make sure you have all valid certificates in place to conduct services onshore and offshore.
- Taking responsibility of your own development and the teams learning
- Follow administration processes & tools, including but not limited to SAP, payroll, EHS training and T&L Concur updated in a timely manner.
- Presentation of ROI case histories to senior customer personnel, covering EHS, Production and Maintenance impact.
- By use of Bently Nevada software/hardware products; analyze rotating machinery equipment locally at customer's sites or log in remotely.
- Diagnosing machinery based upon: vibration data, operational data, and customer communication.
- Issue monthly reports, exception reports or fault analyze reports.
- Assist in knowledge transfer into the organization based on customer feedback, field work and experience.
- Anticipate in delivery and development of customer training courses and carry out internal & external customer training.
- Support sales organization and participate in customer meetings.
- Prepare service reports, time sheets and expense report after completion of service jobs per applicable procedures and policies.
- Travelling within France & Europe, with occasional international assignments will be required, including to onshore or offshore job locations with variable duration.
- Bently Nevada offer comprehensive and excellent product training.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical engineering / Thermodynamics or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience with rotating equipment in the oil & gas and/or Power generation sectors - Proficiency in both English and French languages is required
- Experience with vibration analysis & Condition monitoring.
- Experience with Bently Nevada or other vibration monitoring Technology.
- Ability to speak other European language considered a merit.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more