Skills: Subsea Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Intervention and Systems Support Engineer for a permanent position, located in Westhill.
To deliver Intervention and Systems related support to projects executed within the Subsea Europe division
The Intervention and Systems Support Engineer will be responsible for the provision of support and technical guidance to the Subsea Europe Regional Project Teams across the following disciplines; Isolation and intervention, valve intervention and commissioning, subsea production control system and umbilical installation, intervention, testing and commissioning
Isolations and Intervention support services.
- Have a broad understanding of the key requirements for the provision of isolations in relation
- to diver intervention activities on subsea systems. This shall include an appreciation of the
- hazards associated with pressurised hydrocarbon / hydraulic / electrical / optical systems.
- Experience in developing isolation schemes for diver and remote intervention on subsea
- Knowledge and experience of IRM activities associated with Subsea Systems
- Working knowledge and practical experience in the implementation of IMCA-D044.
Valve intervention and commissioning support services.
- Provide technical support and guidance to UKBU Project Engineers regarding subsea valve intervention works, operational, testing activities and commissioning activities
- Working knowledge regarding functionality, internal workings and operation of various types of valves: including ball, gate, needle, check, choke, etc.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience concerning design and functionality of valve actuator mechanisms; ROV or diver operated; hydraulic actuation; electrical actuation etc.
- Awareness and familiarity of the industry standards in relation to the procurement and performance testing of subsea valves and actuator systems (API 6A / 6D / 17D for example)
Production Control System and Umbilicals installation, intervention, testing and commissioning support services.
- Provide support and guidance to UKBU Project Engineers regarding intervention, functional operation, testing and commissioning of the key components comprising multiplexed electro-hydraulic subsea control systems
- Understanding of safety Instrumented Systems and HIPPS (high integrity pipeline protection systems)
- Good understanding of SPCS functional design specifications; top assembly drawings; electrical line diagrams; hydraulic system schematics; systems hydraulic and electrical analyses; key component general arrangement / interface drawings, factory and extended factory / integration test procedures.
- Ability to support IRM (inspection, repair and maintenance) activities regarding fault diagnostics / repair and installation of SPCS components - diver and diverless
- Ability to support Project Engineers with regards to System Integration Testing and interface engineering pertaining to SPCS equipment
- Working Knowledge of industry standards in relation to the supply, testing, installation and commissioning of subsea production control systems
- Provide technical support and guidance to Project Engineers regarding subsea umbilical specification, procurement, testing, installation and commissioning activities
- Knowledge regarding mechanical construction, design and testing of the key components of an umbilical system including thermoplastic hose or steel tube assemblies; power supply cables and communications / signal cable assemblies.
- Knowledge regarding Umbilical Termination Assembly (UTA) and Subsea Distribution Unit (SDU) design, functionality and testing requirements
- Working knowledge of ISO-13628 part 5/6 in relation to Subsea Control and umbilical system testing, installation, commissioning and intervention activities
- Degree within engineering based discipline.
- Experience in engineering within the oil and gas industry in at least one of discipline areas (valves / umbilicals / isolations/ interventions / subsea control systems / umbilicals)
- Enthusiasm to develop expertise across other discipline strands supported by the RFO and Intervention team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following discipline stands: Subsea valves, subsea production controls and umbilicals or isolations and intervention support engineering
- A good team player. Self-motivated with a drive for results and improvement.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to supervise / delegate work packages.
- Supportive of change initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills.