Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pearsall, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview : Supervises the operations of one or more well servicing rigs.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to : Area Manager, Area Superintendent, Area Supervisor or Operations Manager
Directs Reports : Operators, Relief Operators, Floorhands, and Derrickhands
Major duties :
- Supervises one or more 4-5 person crews in planning, organizing, and carrying out well servicing operations
- Visits all locations weekly based on critical needs
- Hires, or assists in hiring, well servicing crew members
- Monitors crew members' development and performance, making recommendations for promotions, demotions, pay adjustments and termination of employment as warranted
- Enforces safety for each rig's operations in accordance with the Basic's to Success (BTS) guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Keeps track of and maintains all paperwork related to work and submits tickets for invoicing
- Promotes sales of well servicing rig services, including calling on existing and potential customers
- Generates daily work tickets, price tickets and approve DOT logs, Job Safety Analysis and MEDS cards
- Reviews and approves other reports related to payroll, expense accounts, vehicle reports, and government reports (e.g. OSHA)
- Provides training for new hires and continuously instructs crews on proper operating procedures
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical knowledge of well servicing rigs including hydraulics, air systems, and draw works
- Knowledge of BTS requirements, OSHA guidelines and DOT regulations related to well servicing operations
- Valid driver license and acceptable MVR
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse group including customers, managers, contractors, and well service personnel
- Ability to work independently in an environment under pressure in emergency situations and where priorities change quickly
- Knowledge of H2S environments and ability to wear H2S respirators where required along with Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand basic English
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to travel to various job locations as well as to meetings, conferences, and seminars
- Ability to stay out of town, possibly several weeks at a time
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Basic computer skills
- Class B CDL
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Physical Requirements :
- Mobility, including entering confined spaces, entering areas by the use of ladders or other access devices up to 115', ability to bend, stoop, twist, stand, squat, climb, crawl, and walk, with long periods of standing or sitting
- Ability to work outdoors under extreme weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards :
- Significant amount of required driving time
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres, and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment