Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
ICT TECHNICIAN (Network Operation Centers (NOC))
Primary Purpose of Job
ICT technician (NOC Services) is responsible for carrying out monitoring of QP's Network Operation Centers (NOC) and provide 1st level technical support for Operations, Disaster Recovery, Integrated services, Servicing servers and network and telecommunication equipment in data centers and provide timely/accurate problem resolution to achieve section's KPIs
• Technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Electronics or equivalent).
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 5 years post-diploma experience in Data center operation (Oil and gas organization is preferred)
• Minimum one year experience in managing Panduit SmartZone Data center Infrastructure Management Solution or equivalent product.
• Proficiency in the usage of standard diagnostic/monitoring tools, testing equipment and software tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, Microsoft SCOM or ManageEngine.
• Thorough understanding of UPS, generators, electrical distribution, HVAC, building controls, fire detection & suppression systems.
• Working knowledge of Windows/UNIX Operating Systems (including latest Windows OS and Linux Red Hat/SUSE ), cabling and storage technologies.
• Strong skills and expertise within Data Center floor, Power & Cooling.
• Desirable knowledge of industry security practices around Data Center.
• Expertise in monitoring and maintaining operation of all network devices and application services through NOC application dashboard
• Able to effectively communicate technical details and instructions with clear English language.
• Good communication skills (oral and written).
• Working knowledge in the following areas: MS office suite, Microsoft Active Directory, Domino/Lotus Notes, Tivoli Storage Manager, EMC Data Protection software, MS Windows, Linux.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written are required.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa