Job Description - HSEQ Director Job Summary
HSEQ Director is responsible for the management, implementation, operation, monitoring and review of the HSEQ management system, with the goal of achieving work activities without incident, harm to personnel or damage to property, assets or the environment he/she is also responsible for Safety and Quality programs, procedures and guidelines. HSEQ Director is the owner of the HSEQ strategy development and performance measurement. Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote the HSEQ Management Systems by personal example and leadership.
- Promote a strong awareness and personal responsibility for HSEQ with all management and supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for HSEQ policies, procedures, programs and guidelines development.
- Supports the top management in the organization roles and responsibilities definition for HSEQ direct and indirect staff
- Supports the top management in the HSEQ Management Systems integration with subsidiaries.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of subsidiaries HSEQ management systems.
- Monitors the effectiveness HSEQ Management Systems.
- Assists the commercial, engineering and operations and quality departments in their dealings with clients in all issues concerned with HSEQ.
- Plan and lead HSEQ internal assessments and 3rd party audits.
- Establish accident / incident investigation and root cause analysis procedure
- Establish CAPA Procedures
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any HSEQ related subjects.
- Ensure that Contractor HSE activities comply with Company & Contractor HSEQ Policies & Plans, conform to the terms & conditions of the Contract and meet local statutory HSEQ regulations.
- Performs Risk Assessments wherever necessary
- Develop and review the daily, weekly and monthly HSEQ site reports and statistics.
- Implement and execute HSEQ training plan for Company HSEQ and other personnel
- Organize and facilitate training, drills and exercises for emergency preparedness and response.
- Build programs to achieve international standards certifications, such as ISO9001, ISO45001, ISO14001, API-Q1, API-Q2, etc.
- Lead the development Emergency Response Procedures to address all HSEQ related risks in all sites and ensure the effectiveness of those ERPs by conducting emergency response drills and training people as responders.
- Establish programs to measure and improve equipment reliability and service quality.
- Any other activities identified by Top Management, regulatory or statutory requirements
Professionally qualified with:
- College Degree or higher
- Diploma in Safety Management, or NEBOSH Diploma, or ISOH
- Lead Auditor of Safety Management Systems (OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001)
- Lead Auditor of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001)
- Lead Auditor of Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001)
- knowledgeable in API SPEC Q1 and API SPEC Q2 Standards Requirements
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Professional Membership of recognized International Safety/Quality Management Society
- 15+ years experience in the upstream Oil and Gas Industry
- 10+ years experience as HSEQ Management
- Experience in O&G Offshore and Onshore Drilling Operations.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Highly effective written and oral skills.
- Strong HSE commitment and willingness to be a proactive HSEQ role model and leader.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with ability to work unsupervised in a high activity environment and achieve results through strong leadership and motivation.
- Competent and experienced in developing, documenting and implementing comprehensive HSEQ Management Systems.
- Competent and experienced in effective management of an HSEQ Team - office and site
- Creative Problem Solver
- Strong experience in working with third party contractors to create a successful HSEQ programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality Assurance practices, processes and standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Medical practices, processes and standards
- Experienced facilitator of HAZOPS and HAZIDS
- Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Standard
- Comprehensive knowledge of OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
- Comprehensive knowledge of improving equipment reliability and service quality.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and statistical analysis tools
- Experienced accident investigator and skilled in the use of Root Cause Analysis techniques e.g. TapRoot, TOPSET, FMEA, 5 Whys, Fishbone, etc.
- Experienced with Risk Analysis Tools such as Bow-Tie, FMEA
- The QHSEQ Director will report to CEO or a delegate.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.