Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support Artificial Lift. This role can sit in either Claremore or Oklahoma City, OK.
The candidate can be expected to work in the following disciplines: Mechanical Design/Sustaining Engineer in the Engineering Group for Artificial Lift Systems. Responsibilities to include mechanical systems design for rotating equipment, fluid dynamics and fluid hydraulics, sealing systems for ESP's, coupling design, materials engineering, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Reliability, failure analysis, etc.
Candidate will work individually and as part of a team support existing products, test and evaluate equipment, perform mechanical failure analysis, and provide technical assistance as needed within the Engineering and Manufacturing environment.
Candidate will coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments (Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Testing, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounting, etc.) to ensure on-time completion of projects.
Receives moderate to minimal supervision on most or all aspects of each project and is expected to meet all deadlines on time and within budget. Approximately 5% domestic travel can be expected.
- Works primarily in Mechanical engineering in product development, design, or sustaining.
- Coordinates projects with Purchasing, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.
- Responsible for projects of moderate complexity.
- Has moderate impact on product cost, performance, manufacturing methods/standardization.
- Review and submit patents.
- Assignments are outlined in terms of specific objectives.
- Assists in planning and conducting research, design and development of standard engineering assignments.
- Assignments can be a portion of a larger project.
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes sound design recommendations.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications.
- May be the lead engineer on smaller project with some functional supervision.
- Usually works with some supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- Assists in project planning and review.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Sphere of influence includes interface limited to immediate supervisor, work group, support organizations and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of mechanical design or sustaining engineering experience.
- 2D & 3D CAD expertise.
- Previous experience reviewing mechanical designs for improvements.
- Basic to intermediate technical skills.
- Good problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus.
- Previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Previous Pump or Rotating equipment experience.
- FEA experience
Claremore or Oklahoma City, OK