Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for a Public Relations Specialist to join our Corporate Communication team based in Houston. As part of a small team, the Public Relations Specialist will develop and implement publicity campaigns through media and other appropriate channels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver media content, including in-depth articles, interviews, blogs and press releases for trade and other media
- Create and roll out integrated publicity campaigns for new technology launches
- Coordinate award entries and special events
- Attend industry trade shows to promote Schlumberger technology and services across appropriate media
- Coordinate media training for designated spokespersons, and coach spokespersons directly when preparing media plans
- Manage press release creation and distribution
- Prepare proactive guidance and talking points on a range of industry subjects, and respond to media inquiries
- Provide support as needed on special projects, including crisis communications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, or equivalent major
- 3-5 years' experience in a public relations or communications role
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong teamwork, project management, and organizational capabilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with tight timelines
- Experience of filming and editing short talking-head style videos
- Basic HTML or Sitecore CMA knowledge
- Knowledge of oilfield terminology and business practices would be preferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.