Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: South Carolina, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Perform maintenance on electrical and electronic equipment
- Monitor and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Calibrate process control instrumentation and analyzers
- Remove, troubleshoot, repair and install automated process control valves
- Maintains process equipment in accordance with established procedures and processes
- Coordinates maintenance activities with operations personnel. Works with operators to troubleshoot and repair equipment and instrumentation
- Supports emergency plant needs on day shift and provides 24-hour support (on call) assistance during off hours
- Provides I&E support to unit engineering functions
- Assists in equipment troubleshooting activities and in root cause failure analysis
- Complete work documentation such as paperwork/computer system entries associated with the job
- Identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years of industrial/manufacturing repair experience in I&E field, or 4 years military I&E experience, or Associates Degree from an accredited college in a related field.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than your current employer
- A passing score on pre-employment tests, including mechanical aptitude, reading & mathematics
- The ability to read & follow detailed operating, maintenance and safety procedures.
- The willingness & ability to be on call including nights, weekends & holidays
- The willingness & ability to relocate to or commute on a daily basis to the BP Cooper River Plant without company assistance
- The willingness & ability to work in all weather conditions
- Work with diverse groups to achieve results and maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Associate's Degree from a vocational technical college in a related field
- Experience working in an industrial or military environment
- Experience working with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience responding to industrial emergencies
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement