Skills: Marketing, Purchasing
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We're seeking a team player that is an expert in negotiation and contract management, with the kind of commercial talent that will see you making your mark on business strategy. This is a role that will grow your leadership skills, as you contribute to Shell's future success
What's the role?
The Retail business is a fast-moving business in the middle of the energy transition, looking to introduce new business models and becoming more efficient by leveraging digital technologies. This front-line Contracting & Procurement role works closely with the Retail Convenience Retail & Fleet Solutions team in the Benelux & France and is critical for the delivery of the Retail objectives.
In this role, you'll manage the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the Retail Convenience Retail & Fleet Solutions portfolio and collaborate with:
- Pre-award Phase: External (potential suppliers) and Internal (Shell) stakeholders in development and execution of procurement strategies driving towards value maximization;
- Post-award Phase: External (Suppliers) and Internal (Shell) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contracts/commercial deals.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
What we need from you
We're keen to hear from men and women with relevant experience in negotiating and managing contracts. Along with your Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain or Finance, and a proven professional procurement experience, we'd hope to also see the following on your CV:
- Retail experience and/or FMCG experience;
- An ability to cope with complexity and uncertainty, with proven adaptability skills;
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) qualification will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba would be an asset but not mandatory;
- English language proficiency is a must, French language proficiency is a benefit.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video