Offers the opportunity as an experienced HPHT Wellsite Day Drilling Supervisor
to join the team in Kuwait.Essential Responsibilities:
- Acts as focal point for all wellsite communication; single point of contact between the Client, product lines, and 3rd parties.
- Organizes and leads pre-job safety and operations meetings that are related to well operations.
- Updates forecast and planned activity (7-day planner) to anticipate resource requirements to meet well demands and provide optimum efficiency of services.
- Responsible for checking that equipment and services comply with the contract.
- Manages proper inventory of tangibles such as, but not limited to equipment, products, as well as rental equipment.
- Responsible to activate Emergency Response for any kind of emergency, in coordination with the Client Foremen.
- Ensure that operations conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Track, monitor and report the Daily Time Break Down activity, highlighting any non-productive time (NPT) and properly define and allocate any occurrence of NPT.
- Specific job reports such as casing and tubing tallies, cement reports, etc.
- Rig site inventory and ensure trip sheets used on all trips.
- Each day, the individual shall leads daily planning meetings and discusses operations with Client, Foreman, Product Lines and third party supervisors; Complete paperwork and -day look ahead and review with Wellsite Supervisor who is ultimately responsible for correctness. Complete daily cost sheets. Witness at least one complete daily mud check. Review geologic correlation with mud loggers. Attend all toolbox safety meetings when on tour. Technical - Expert to handle Well Control Situation. Complete the Baker Hughes IWS well control checklist.
- Ensures that the operations are conducted to prevent the risk of well control, and any other hazards
- Ensures that all pressure containing, mechanical lifting equipment is current on inspection, and that all equipment is current on its preventative maintenance plan.
- Ensures that all people on site are current on their minimum training and competent for the operation.
- Implements the operational plans from the approved program as agreed with the Client Foreman and makes sure they comply with Baker Hughes standards and Client SOP's.
- Implements contingency plans at the site for any operation that may be undertaken.
- Ensures all the work completed captured properly in service tickets and the Company Foreman signs the tickets.
- Signs off on services performed and materials used.
- Ensure HS&E Emergency Response System is developed, documented and tested with simulation exercises to ensure the drilling team is capable of responding to HS&E emergencies.
- Ensure the STOP WORK process understood and exercised on site and that STOP cards are completed and follow up is conducted.
- High School diploma (plus relevant experience) OR Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferred) from an accredited university (or equivalent) would be an asset.
- A minimum of 15 years' industry experience and a minimum of 10 years' onshore wellsite supervisory experience (2500 HP rig minimum). Experience on heavy rigs (3000 HP) would be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in exploration and appraisal HPHT wells execution (15K BOP stack), Middle East region experience would be preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in sour gas environment with full H2S services deployment. Experience with MPD services and deep drilling would be an asset.
- Valid IWCF or IADC Supervisor Level Well Control Certification required.
- First Aid Certification required.
- H2S Certification required.
- Ability to solve substantially difficult problems of a complex nature and broad scope.
- Practical Knowledge of well control and HPHT procedures.
- Skilled application of drilling engineering and well planning
- Drill string design and downhole dynamics knowledge.
- Pore Pressure/Fracture Pressure determination knowledge.
- Bits / dull grading knowledge
- Drilling fluid management knowledge.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, including nozzle selection.
- Directional / horizontal / extended reach drilling knowledge.
- Cementing and casing / liner running knowledge.
- Fishing knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of rig systems and rig floor operations.
- Rig-site acumen and supervisory skills.
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA) understanding.
- HS&E Emergency Response Systems knowledge.
Al Ahmadi, Kuwait.