Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a single or multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide general technical support on Oceaneering products, projects and services. Work under general supervision and may be required to exercise independent judgment to perform job function.
- Assist in system configuration and costing of the system and components during the bid stage.
- Set up and monitor project budget.
- Assist customers in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
- Conduct presentations and assist with sales and marketing activities.
- Coordinate the activities of project engineers and designers to develop preliminary sketches, calculations, and drawings in the development of quotation preparation.
- Maintain customer communication from conception through design, manufacture, testing and shipping of products.
- Prepare, review and approve quality plans and technical procedures.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conduct and attends meetings.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Review and approve all detail designs, calculations, drawings, specifications, and all documents related to meeting customer specifications.
- Direct preparation of, review and approve as-built data books.
- Generate purchase requisitions and review and approve supplier invoices.
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Review and approve project invoices and resolve accounts receivable issues with customer.
- Validate and verify all project hardware.
- Work closely with other personnel for technical details of projects.
- Travel domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years' related experience
- ROV and/or subsea equipment design and engineering experience
- Client engagement experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Solidworks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) System,
- Hold/maintain a valid passport and be willing to travel
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of industry standards (API, ISO, DNV, ASTM, etc.)
- General understanding Engineering Fundamentals
- Proficient Word, Excel, and Solidworks (or other engineering design software)
- Ability to read schematics and structural construction drawings
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.