Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and participate in the design and development of our data pipeline, a sophisticated backend responsible for the ingestion and delivery of billions to trillions of records.
This position can be located in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX; Aberdeen, Scotland; Stavanger, Norway.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Develop and implement data auditing strategies and processes to ensure data quality, accuracy, and integrity
- Develop, deploy, and support real-time automated data streams from numerous sources into the data platform
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with Data Scientists and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems and increase the value of our data
- This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams, and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects
- This position will report to Manager, Software Development.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum six years of professional software development experience
- Relevant experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Relevant experience with one or more of: Java, Scala, or Python
- Relevant experience with Apache Spark and NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
- Relevant experience with stream-processing systems such as Kafka, Spark-streaming, etc.
- Relevant experience with Azure or AWS cloud services
- Relevant experience with Linux/Unix, scripting, and administration
- Relevant experience with Docker
- Relevant experience with SQL and experience working with RDBMSs (Postgres/PostGIS, SQL Server, etc.)
- Relevant experience with source control systems (Git), branching & merging, CI, etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum three years' experience in Data Engineer role
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- Ability to work efficiently with large spatio-temporal data sets strongly desired
- GIS experience a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Event Driven development
- Experience with Log Management systems like Splunk, Logstash, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Sees the merits of perspectives other than their own
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Builds on strengths and addresses weaknesses
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis
- Ability to effectively represent the department on multi organizational teams as leader, member or facilitator.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.