At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
This visible role will lead the Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) strategy and operationalization of it for the Brazil Geomarket in the Latin America Region for OFS.
The position reports to the Latin America HSE Leader OFS and will engage significantly with the OFS Brazil Product Line Leadership Team and HSE colleagues in the region.
The position is based in Macae, Brazil.Essential Responsibilities:
- Drive the HSE ownership in the Brazil Geomarket across Product Lines execution and the enterprise to high levels of performance as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of strategies supporting the business.
- Accountable for directing a responsible enterprise-wide policy within Brazil with respect to preserving the environment and protecting the health and safety of employees.
- Direct a high performing local team of HSE professionals in demanding environments and set high expectations and take accountability for the performance, reliability and responsiveness of HSE staff, their pace and urgency in implementing safety and environmental programs.
- Serve as a business and accountability partner to the OFS Product Line Leaders for Brazil.
- Identify and attract key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the current organization.
- Create and imbed a continued safety culture shift in all of our Brazil operations.
- Play a leadership role in shaping and delivering the Interdependent Safety Culture.
- Take an active and effective stance in representing the company in external industry communities and regulatory agency requirements.
- Be an agent for change and a driver of high performance.
- Demonstrate personal flexibility to adapt and compromise when necessary while actively contributing new thinking and innovation to the broader organization.
- Be proactive on enterprise and emerging issues, regulatory issues and industry trends.
- Take corrective action on programs (new or legacy) that are underperforming.
- Build relationships with others and uses the informal structure and culture of the organization to get things accomplished.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Up to 20% travel.
- Expertise in health, safety and environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, functions, and/or geographies.
- Extensive knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and customer demands (Petrobras, Total, Equinor, Shell)
- Experienced in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Ability to build rapport and influence across product lines.
- Ability to manage and develop the local team.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and demonstrated track record of creating positive change in the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in HSE field or Engineer with a post-graduation in HSE.
- 10+ year's industry experience with 5+ years in Management.
- Strong operational background is a plus
- Experienced in working with Oil & Gas operators is desirable (Petrobras, Total, Equinor, Shell)
- Knowledge of Brazilian Federal and State regulations including but not limited, permits, waste management and hazardous material management.
- Portuguese speaker, fluent in English and advanced in Spanish.
- HSE-related certification(s) preferred.
- Lead or high knowledge and experience in implement and maintain ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 e/or ISO 45001;
Macaé, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more