This position will have shared responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep on all instrumentation and electrical equipment associated with plant processing equipment including but not limited to exchangers, pumps, fans, pipe, meters and other equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, tune, configure and install electronic I/P converters, positioners, transmitters etc.
- Install, maintain, and program GE plc, Allen Bradley plc, and Wonder ware HMI systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install compressor panel boards.
- Install and maintain process control and data gathering systems.
- Attend safety meetings and work safely.
- Review and organize material inventory by examining stock to verify conformance to specification; count and sort incoming articles, compile reports on inventory and recommend to supervision ordering of replacement and additions.
- Diagnose routine and non-routine equipment malfunction by observing operation, listening, and using diagnostic equipment to locate causes of trouble.
- Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need for emergency procedures, which include the shutdown of equipment.
- Read and prepare piping and instrumentation diagrams (P.&I.D.).
- Knowledge of PSM and mechanical drawings, maintenance records, maintenance procedures, equipment drawings, and maintenance manuals.
- Knowledge of all safety aspects of electrical troubleshooting and maintenance, including compliance with OSHA 1910.
- Working knowledge of diagnostic tools used on the I&E equipment mentioned above.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Access, Word) and networking experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver license required.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in close quarters, work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Must be able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Outdoor and indoor working conditions (Will include some weekend, nighttime and/or inclement weather)
- Live within boundaries of Velma Business Unit
- Regular and Reliable attendance required.
- Associate's degree in instrumentation / electrical technology or equivalent experience (5 years) maintaining instrumentation and electrical systems typically utilized in natural gas processing.
- Has a good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Plant Operation experience (Not Necessary)
- Completion of advanced mechanical training or certificates, or equivalent experience (2+ years) maintaining compressor, engine and related equipment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.