We have a vacancy for "HSE Officer" to work with one of our clients field sites. We are looking for experienced HSE officer with significant experience in the oil and gas industry particularly in the safety of Oil Rigs, with the following job description and desired skills / qualifications.
Only Candidates whom interested in working in LIBYA and have the required work experience listed below are invited to apply for the vacancy.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
• Support the development of OHS policies and programs
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
• Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
• Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker's compensation claims
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• Proven experience as safety officer
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
• BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
• Certificate in occupational health and safety
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 35 Work /35 Days leave including travel days.
• 12 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Air fare by Economy Class
• Medical Cover
• Board & lodging and internal transportation to be provided by the client
• Single Status