Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, performs assembly, testing, and installation of Expandable Liner Hangers (ELH) Product Line on work locations.
- Routinely works in more than one type of well site (off or onshore) as assigned by Service Coordinator.
- Coordinates and oversees Service Tools PSL (i.e., ELH Running Tools) functions at the well site.
- Responsible for operating Service Tools equipment at the customer location to include but are not limited to: ELH Running Tools, Float Equipment, and Cement Heads.
- May help train service operators in areas of expertise. May monitor instruments and perform necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, and promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of high school diploma or similar education and experience as a Svc Operator II-ELH.
- Basic knowledge of Halliburton Management System (HMS) processes and ability to demonstrate pressure testing of equipment safely and interpret Tool Engineering Drawings is a requirement.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must be able to perform job per the following criteria:
a) Ability to conduct pre-job toolbox safety meeting
b) Ability to review and verify job plan with customer representative and manage any changes required
c) Check and verify equipment as per job plan
d) Ability to perform job unassisted
e) Ability to complete all job documentation, for example: Job Ticket, Job History Report, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS)/Key Performance Indicator (KPI), Job Log, Job Summary etc.
f) Demonstrate understand of down hole hydraulics, including basic job calculations.
- Must have met all minimum competency requirements for Service Operator II-ELH.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
N. Esk Facility, Montrose, Angus, DD10 9ET, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 79670
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.