Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia leads the development of two of Australia's largest natural gas facilities - the Gorgon and Wheatstone Projects - and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Local Content Officer to join the Local Content team. Reporting to the Local Content Manager, this position will be based in Perth with occasional site travel.
- Provide subject matter expert support as directed on Australian Industry Participation (AIP) / National Local Content (NLC) for major capital projects and Chevron operations
- Provide AIP/NLC subject matter expert advice on contractor qualification and selection processes
- Work with Chevron's Corporate Affairs team to communicate with external stakeholders (contractors, suppliers, industry associations, other partners and government) on AIP/NLC opportunities, actions and outcomes
- Ensure reporting of NLC actions and outcomes is conducted
- Seek and pursue opportunities for improving the reporting of NLC actions and outcomes
- Lead and assist the development, implementation, monitoring and revision of AIP/NLC plans, processes and procedures
- Work with all relevant internal stakeholder representatives to enhance the effectiveness of AIP process and procedure implementation, and the achievement of AIP/NLC actions and outcomes throughout the contracting process, including post award
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Degree in commerce, business, law, accounting or related field preferred
- Experience in a similar role with local industry capability knowledge will be highly regarded
- Understanding of the preparation and administration of high value, high complexity contracts
- Experience in dealing with small, regional or Aboriginal businesses and communities
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is desirable
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience in public speaking and community engagement
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a busy environment
- Attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals across all levels
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest natural gas facilities
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Friday 25 October 2019, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.