Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Research & Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Learning & Development Managerlocated in Belle Chasse, LA through October 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Plant wide multi-functional training and development programs and classes (CBT, ILT, other) including both technical and soft skills
- Serves as resource for Operations Learning & Development to provide best practices in curriculum design, training delivery, and content development.
- Identifies and leverages best practices in Learning & Development technology and approach
- Key resource for employee soft skill development
- Belle Chasse, Louisiana is located in Plaquemines Parish approximately 15 miles from Downtown New Orleans
- Employees working in Belle Chasse can choose small town family atmosphere or opt for a city feel by making a home in New Orleans
- Employees who live in the area can enjoy flavors and festivals of New Orleans and the outdoor activities on the Louisiana gulf Coast
- During the summer months temperatures range from mid-80s to the mid-90s. Winters are relatively mild with little to no freezing temperatures
- Bachelor's degree is required
- At least five years of Learning & Development related experience is required
- Demonstrated experience with successful management of Learning & Development tools and practices across a multifunctional organization
- Familiarity with working in a shift and plant environment
- Ability to build relationships with individuals at all level of an organization and across a variety of functions/Stakeholders across the plant (Operations, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver and implement new Learning & Development practices within an organization
- Ability to train non-Learning & Development practitioners to deliver technical and non-technical content
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.