Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the Energy Industry across the world. We are developing the next generation of Technology using cloud-based applications, collaborative designs, traceability of jobs from design to execution and tools to review and mine historical data. Our developments is revolutionizing an entire industry by bringing both efficiency gains and wider applicability of our technologies. With 100,000 employees operating in more than 80 countries we are not short of challenges and opportunities to use the modern communication initiatives to engage with our internal and external audiences.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the organization communication initiatives within the Digital Technology organization to support the overall messaging. Identifying and implementing internal communication plan aimed at improving employee engagement and business alignment are key directives of this position. Producing high-quality online, digital and/or print materials that promote the Digital Technology consistent with standards of the Schlumberger brand and the Technology Marketing and Communications Manager.
This position reports to the Technology Communications Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Digital Communications Specialist will perform the following:
- Develop a system to measure and monitor employee engagement
- Develop, produces and distribute internal message/content for employees and business associates
- Develop, produce and distribute a management message via web-based streaming video/ presentations for all employee
- Develop, maintain and market a Schlumberger-wide internal distribution service capable of reaching all employees
- Develop, produce and maintain an internal web site with updated information and calendar of news.
- Support Digital projects by managing various activities associated with relevant events and meetings
- Support external message initiation
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and five (5) years of related experience: OR, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Demonstrated experience in writing and editing content.
- Stay current on the latest developments in the tools and tactics within Communications.
- Basic understanding of the technology industry in assigned areas is a plus.
- Experience with audio and/or video direction/creation.
- Experience in integrated marketing and communications campaigns.
- Strong skill set on storytelling.
The Ideal candidate should demonstrate the following behavior:
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate working in multicultural and multidisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.