Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Import/ Export Specialist is responsible for providing import/export process efficiency and work jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure that the movements of goods in and out is done in compliance with customs regulations while aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods to the Product Lines.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard
- Update Import and export systems
- Analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performance are monitored targeting lead time and cost reductions
- Liaise with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention systems
- Manage daily customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard
Major Qualification/Requirements of the Role:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain
- Up to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office skills with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software
- Good working knowledge of English (Oral and written)
- Great Analytical & Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and collaborative skills
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the Oil and Gas Industry. We are seeking to fill the below position to support our Operations in South Sudan.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.