Skills: Facilities Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Douala, Littoral, Cameroon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Facilities Specialist plans, coordinates and oversees the safe, secure, and environmentally-sound operations and maintenance of the assigned facility in a cost effective manner. He/she aims at long-term preservation of the asset value through the implementation of the best Practices, Processes, Procedures in facilities' operations and maintenance applicable to the managed infrastructure and ensures the enhancement of a consistent Professional Image of the facility under his/her responsibility. In conjunction with the Facility Manager he/she develops and tracks specific facility management KPIs targeting FM cost reduction, ensuring Location Management visibility and control.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports
- Contractor selection for maintenance and running of the facility
- Provide advice on preparation of contracts and reviews negotiation of revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements.
- Implements quality control programs using LEAN methodology to standardize and optimize facility performance in line with the Global Facility Management strategy
- Actively participate in the facility project to support the facility management key activities in Operations and Maintenance, Property Management and Engineering & Construction
- Plans, directs and ensures supervision of the facility management services including facility operating systems, maintenance processes, repair and improvement, custodial services and security operations
- Coordinates maintenance activities within the various functions and departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel and equipment
- Recommends operating methods and equipment to reduce the facility management costs through new sources, substitutions, improved systems or methods, service quality and safety
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or Facilities
- Up to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office skills with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software
- Good working knowledge of English (Oral and written)
- Great organization and planning skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and collaborative skills
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the Oil and Gas Industry. We are seeking to fill the below position to support our Operations in Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.