Skills: Marketing, Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83345
In this role, you will help support an ambitious team that thrives on collaboration and innovation. As a Marketing Proposal Intern, you will enter project information in the firm's internal database under the direction of a proposal manager, assist in the development, production, and execution of proposal pursuits.
• Enter and maintain project profiles in the firm's internal data management system.
• Check source documents for accuracy
• Verify data and correct data where necessary
• Obtain further information for incomplete documents
Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files, and forms
• Transcribe information into required electronic format
• Comply with data integrity and security policies
• Support and format documents, spreadsheets, and presentations as requested.
• Attend and support tradeshow events and/or visit project job site(s) as needed.
• Assist with marketing publications, presentations, graphics, and proposals.
• Participate in proposals as needed through coordination efforts, brainstorming sessions, message development, writing, editing, and production execution.
• Assist in the design of proposals with custom tabs, graphic story elements, creative packaging, etc.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, Journalism, or a related field
• Demonstrated commitment to quality with meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent writing, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills required; technical writing skills preferred
• Ability to work well with others; positive attitude with willingness to learn
• Ability to problem solve and find multiple solutions under tight time constraints
• Ability to professionally handle constructive criticism
• Energetic and outgoing personality with the ability and desire to work in a team environment
• Strong Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO's
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Intern, Engineer, Marketing, Sales, Entry Level, Engineering