Skills: Marketing, Technical Writing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Responsible for assisting in the planning, design and implementation of development and communication activities in alignment with the organizational mission and strategy.
The successful candidate will support internal and external clients by creating, optimizing and maintaining content on the Nabors website, social channels and for print.
Must be able to write in a clear and concise manner, and adhere to the principles of good composition to be presented in a manner appropriate to intended audiences. This position will collaborate closely with other teams and departments to produce relevant and timely content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply creativity and innovation in developing content that will engage stakeholders and enhance the brand.
- Write content for a wide variety of topics on multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.).
- Produce a social media calendar and maintain content on all social channels.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages action among Nabors' key stakeholder groups (including current and potential employees, customers, suppliers, investors and the media).
- Work with different stakeholders to produce news articles for the internal and external newsletter.
- Collaborate with internal teams and produce the annual & sustainability reports.
- Maintain production schedule and calendar for communication activities and projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years communications experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Experience in producing effective written internal and external communications for brochures, posters, advertisements, social media and web sites
- Energy industry experience a plus
- Technical writing background a plus
- Portfolio of published articles
Interpret, link and analyze information in order to understand complex issues.
Adjust own behaviors to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations, and/or different environments. Ability to quickly learn Nabors software systems.
Understand internal/external customer needs and concerns in the short to long-term, and provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
Listen to others and communicate effectively in a manner that fosters open communication. Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders internally and with internal/external customers.
Holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
Advanced writing skills, ability to write free of punctuation or grammatical errors. Clear, concise with the ability to write quickly, clearly and correctly. Targeted audience easily understands writing and is formatted correctly for the delivery method.
Maximize communications to position for advantage and differentiate from the competition; proficiency providing the field with sales support materials, solid customer-oriented collateral materials and digital content production; quality website communications; develop detailed marketing program plans. Integrate campaigns across multiple modes and channels; expertise in driving multi-touch communications; strategic application of tactics; monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of new initiatives; assess results and continuously refine marketing plan.
The application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations from the project.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment, able to work off site as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties of the position. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs