Skills: Business Analyst, Commercial Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Inner Suburbs Melbourne, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world.
We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future. As a leading energy force in Australia since 1920 and New Zealand since 1946, BP is driven by the upstream exploration, refining of crude oil and natural gas and the downstream marketing supply of petroleum products. Our scope includes Sales, Marketing, Refining, Dealer, Distributor, Convenience Retail, Supply and Logistics.
Around 7,000 people across Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) choose to work with us and help us grow. If you share our passion and values of making a difference every day, then bring your talent and experience and join our diverse BP team.
About the opportunity
In this highly commercial role, you will liaise with diverse stakeholders across various business units and provide guidance based on supply and demand modelling to ensure optimal supply chain and financial performance across our Supply business nationally.
- Own and maintain the supply and demand balances and cost curves for each Australian supply region
- Support the Commercial Optimisation team and Supply Operations team by providing a regular joined up forward view of fuel demand and planned supply arrangements
- Provide detailed competitor and market analysis (by region), and identify impacts on BP's competitive position and supply and commercial risks
- Support projects to improve BP's integrated economics across the end to end value chain
- Actively support and participate in strategy formulation and implementation
- Act as the Centre of Expertise for competitor and market analysis; ensure competitive information is effectively collated, analysed and communicated in an effective way.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a demand planning or scheduling role within oil and gas or similar supply chain environment. You will have strong commercial acumen to assist in decision making that ensures the delivery of financial performance.
Other key attributes of the role include:
- Excellent modelling skills, commercial acumen and strong judgment skills
- The ability to interpret data and confidently communicate insights and commercial outcomes
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- Understanding of Inventory Management within a fuels or similar environment
- Deal with ambiguity, navigate complexity and drive project outcomes through commercial analysis
- High level of analytical skills and attention to detail
- Degree level qualification in accounting/business
About the reward
- Competitive, generous base salary + 12% Superannuation
- Individual and company performance-based bonus
- 2 volunteering days per year
- 18 weeks maternity leave
- Share purchasing scheme & fuel discounts
- Modern building in Docklands, next door to Southern Cross Station
- Fresh fruit, subsidised massages and barista training (make your own coffee on our commercial machines!)
- Endless global career opportunities and continuous development
We can offer you a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing your career and reward our people with a competitive package and flexible working conditions coupled with benefits that reflect these values.
We are a global organisation with fantastic opportunities for professional and personal growth with a collaborative culture where agile working is encouraged.