Baker Hughes has an opening for Electrical & Instrument Field Operator I
(TPS - SVS) - LOCATION NAME
- Under general supervision is responsible for:
- Read schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
- Cables laying and cables integrity test
- Set up non-contact vibrations probes
- Review instrument lay-out drawings and wiring
- Grounding and hearting systems
- Terminal board and wiring connection
- Instrument installation and wiring
- Instrument set-up and calibration
- Wiring cold check and insulation check
- Fire protection and gas detection system wiring and calibration
- Verify Motor control center, inverter, battery charger, dc/ac motor wiring
- Field Instrumentation loop checks
- Assistance during the commissioning and start-up of main and auxiliary equipment Responsible for inventory and control of tools equipment and supplies integrity and functionality.
- Ability to use in autonomy Multimeters, Meggers, and other tools needed to perform the required tasks
- Completes daily time sheet.
- Ability to collect information during testing and inspection to provide field specialist / field supervisors with recommendations on equipment or instrumentation integrity/functionality
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Assist field specialist / field supervisors on location as required
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and BHGE HQs, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Follow up all quality aspects according to six sigma approach and BHGE QMS manual and procedures
- Working knowledge and application of HSE rules at all time without any deviation.
- Effective communication to HQs, through company digital tools.
- High School Diploma
- 4+ Turbo machinery experience.
- 2+ years of GE manufacture machine knowledge.
- 2+ Electrical and/or Electronics experience
- Must be able to perform frequent travel in the field
- Candidates must be team players
- Previous experience in the oil & gas Field
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with electrical/ electronic equipment /rotating machines
- Availability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
Work Location: Macae - Rio de Janeiro