Skills: Project Management, Geoscientist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Manager's primary duty will be managing Geosciences (Geophysical/Geotechnical) service-line projects, international and domestic region assignments.
The position of Project Manager exists to supervise and control the daily work needed to achieve the project goal(s) and ensure that our project is delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
The PM will also lead our team and other stakeholders - creating a project environment in which our project team can be successful.
This position requires interface with clients, working with commercial managers, influencing all functional and direct contributers towards the overall successful completion of assigned projects. This position is responsible for assuring that the client and oceaneering internal needs are effectively met regarding project activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
Core to the PM role are:
- Working with commercial group, operations team and senior managers to ensure clear definition of project charter.
- Defines and Negotiate resource needs with functional managers.
- Understanding & management of external contracts & contractors (incl. procurement contracting).
- Assure contractor's compliance to Oceaneerign HSE and Safety requirements
- Identifying & managing risk, including planning & assignment of contingency resourcing
- Tracking project Non-conformace, Cost of Poor Quality, and Non-Productive Time.
- Monitor & control project risk & issue logs - mediate conflict, resolve or escalate project issues to program manager.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have ability to communicate issues, delays, conflicts to fucntional managers and project stakeholders.
- Manage document control life cycle for all project documents.
- Coordinating project requirements with clients, operations support staff, assigned crew and other business managers through work execution.
- Develop & refine project estimates - Prioritize & manage the project budget and variations orders.
- Oversee definition, quality-control and delivery of the project end-product through to client acceptance.
- Periodically report project status to stakeholders.
- Maintain all required project files including, engineering, procedures, risk assessments, HSE, lessons learned, variation orders, financial documentation.
- Prepare post-project evaluation reports (internal & external).
- Manage project closure, final reports, invoicing, and customer satisfaction survey.
- Managing and/or carrying out special projects or specific/unique job-tasks of value to the company - as requested by client or management.
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for business meetings or operations/project support (up to 30%).
- Understanding of geophysical & geotechnical operations.
- Understanding of geological interpretation, survey & geophysical reporting requirements.
- Understanding of AUV technical operations.
- Experience in international logistics/operations and personnel deployments.
- Risk management certification.
- Bachelor's degree - Geomatics, Geosciences, Engineering, Industrial technology or similar technical discipline programs - or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5 or more years in a team-lead or team-supervisory position …. Field or office-based operations.
- 2 or more years experience in a project management role.
- PMP certification or ability to achieve certification within 12-months of employment.
- General knowledge of project management principles & procedures.
- Full working level competence in MS Office Suite software, with proficiency in Excel.
- Proficient in the use of basic and some advanced features of project management scheduling software (e.g. Primavera (P6) and/or MS Project). Demonstrated competence in the use of tools used for planning and control duties.
- Detail oriented with good analytical capabilities. Experience in gathering and reconciling cost and schedule data, identifying trends and anomalies, and recommending required actions.
- Must possess good organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organization.
- Must possess good analytical & computation skills, and be able to explain performance-based measurements to management.
- Possesses the ability to work with a team and relates well with other staff members.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job under moderate to minimal supervision.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, as well as presentation ability.
- Well organized and able to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities with a strong sense of ownership.
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements.
- Must have or be able to obtain passport for travel.
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
- 2 or more years experience in the Geoscience, AUV or Offshore survey field.
- Bi-Lingual capability (Spanish/Portugese).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishment.s
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others.
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively.
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience.
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public.
- Skill to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions.
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate).
- Be able to perform basic field calculations.
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance.
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service.
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner.
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality.
- Respond politely to members of the community.
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers.
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.