Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Coordinator provides administrative assistance to the Survey Services projects, both domestic and international region assignments.
The position of Project Coordinator exists to support the planning & execution of project team activities to ensure that they are delivered on time and to the required business quality standards.
This position is responsible for ensuring project documents adhere to project management frameworks and are maintained in the document control work flow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Project Manager to manage multiple projects, activities, and associated resources.
- Assists the project manager in developing project work plans, risk assessments/registers, issue logs, project calendars, MOC registers & lessons-learned archives.
- Provides project support by collecting and maintaining project documents from the field and reports project progress on a weekly basis.
- Monitors & supports project cost-tracking, invoicing-preparation & submittal to client portal.
- Assists the project manager produce any required project schedules, as required.
- Distributes monthly reports, presentations, procedures, proposals and general documentation requirements.
- Assists with the development and in maintaining all forms, work instructions and processes.
- Coordinates and collects project documents from 3rd party vendors and subcontractors for project scope development and invoicing.
- Organizes and maintains survey-services financial files / UDC files; files requisitions, vendor invoices and purchase orders.
- Maintains close-out of purchase orders.
- Chairs and facilitates meetings where appropriate and distributes minutes to all project team members.
- Supports document control activities including receiving and transmitting project documents to the client.
- Associates degree - Business/Accounting/Management or Five (5) years experience serving in an equivalent role.
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years' of project support and planning/scheduling experience.
- Detail oriented with good analytical capabilities. Experience in gathering and reconciling cost and schedule data.
- Must possess good organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organization.
- Must possess good analytical & computation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft software-Word, Excel, Access and Project.
- Ability to achieve CAPM status within 12-months of employment.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work independently & on tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel domestically for business meetings or operations/project support (up to 10%).
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years experience in a field related to company and/or business unit.
- PMI awarded CAPM or PMP status.
- Working knowledge of document control.
- Experience managing your own projects in an industrial environment.
- Experience in ERP systems interface (ideally 'Oracle-Peoplesoft').
- Proficient in the use of basic and some advanced features of project management scheduling software (e.g. Primavera (P6) and/or MS Project).
- Ability to travel internationally for business meetings or operations/project support (up to 10%).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to edit and format procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
This position is considered OFFICE which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Minimal travel and time away from home (up to 10%).
- Ability to drive or fly for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.