Skills: Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norco, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Pipeline "Right of Way" Technician
Are you highly ambitious and thrive in complex and uncertain situations? Do you believe in "doing the job right the first time?" Are you a hands-on professional that strives for quality instead of quantity? Do you place safety above all else? If so we want to speak with you.
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing success of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles, you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets. This role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects in the industry.
Working in our Pipeline Operations and other operations at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do everyday and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
What's the role?
On a day to day basis, Pipeline Technicians are involved with the following activities;
- Ensuring all physical conditions and Right of Way activities are within State, Federal and Shell regulations
- Meet with a collaborate with 3rd party contractors to mark lines prior to excavation and construction activities. Perform standby activities to monitor the work activities and protect the Pipeline asset
- Public awareness activities on Right of Way (ROW) including maintaining contact and relationships with land owners and emergency responders and participate in community awareness events
- Individual contributor role but will lead contractors, inspectors, and field personnel of ROW excavation and maintenance work
- Strong organizational and time management skills and upfront planning is requires to execute tasks safely in high traffic areas
- Daily activities may include heavy lifting, bending, kneeling and squatting
- Must be able to use probing rods, line locators, range finders and ultrasonic thickness testers
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers.
What we need from you?
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree plus a minimum of 5 years work experience as a Pipeline ROW Technician locating and marking petroleum pipelines or working in Pipeline damage prevention Industry or an Associate of Applied Science degree in Process Technology, Pipeline Integrity, Corrosion, or Industrial/Mechanical field or relevant military experience or job function
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation Willing to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the Norco area, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States. Must be able to pass a driver's license background certification from fleet services and maintain driving privileges
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Possess or are you able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing. Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks?
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video