Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position supports Halliburton's Athlon product service line, and is based in Port Arthur, TX with headquarters in Houston.
Position is responsible for ensuring all technical aspects, developing and implementing engineered solutions, and instituting technical monitoring procedures for assigned refinery account(s). The overall focus should be on technically analyzing current boiler and cooling water applications, making recommendations for improvement, Identifying and delivering value, to exceed customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely perform job responsibilities, including the operation/maintenance of the company provided vehicle and compliance with all Athlon, a Halliburton service, and customer site-specific safety policies.
- Perform technical audits of current and potential applications.
- Analyze customer laboratory data and report findings with corrective actions and recommendations.
- Generate and document value improvement in the form of operational savings, chemical savings and cost avoidance. Present all findings, recommendations and corrective actions to the customer in clear, customer financial terms.
- Manage projects from conception to implementation.
- Conduct engineering heat exchanger performance monitoring on all cooling water systems at customer refinery, analyze data and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead detailed technical meetings with customer involving refinery operation and optimization projects.
- Focus on customer retention and improving customer relationships through effective business calls and entertainment at all levels of the customer's organization.
- Generate value to the customer through business consulting to customer's key management by developing a thorough understanding of customer's business, strategy and operational issues.
- Assist the technical group by providing ongoing information regarding customer trends, issues and requests related to products and their application.
- Contribute to the territory's team development by mentoring field and technical representatives.
- Complete required Athlon training and documentation on time.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or similar discipline.
- Chemical Engineering degree highly preferred.
- 4 years of relevant experience as relates to water treatment or utilities.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Sr Technical Professional and Principal Technical Professional.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
5500 N. Sam Houston Parkway W, Houston, Texas, 77086, United States
Requisition Number: 80687
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.