The Crude Transport Driver operates a variety of makes, models, and sizes of tractor/tank truck combinations, and all, pumping, and other mechanical devices related or incidental to transporting, loading and unloading crude products, materials, and equipment. This person also performs truck safety inspections, verification of product lading, and preparation of operational and DOT forms and records. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs truck safety inspections, verification of product lading, and preparation of operational and DOT forms and records.
- Utilizes ELD for daily logging and dispatch
- Operates a variety of makes, models, and sizes of tractor/tank truck combinations, and all, pumping, and other mechanical devices related or incidental to transporting, loading and unloading products, materials, and equipment.
- Carries out scheduled deliveries by routing as specified by Targa Transport dispatchers. Adheres to all company and DOT safety policies and procedures.
- Loads/unloads, or assists in loading/unloading transports, with the aid of mechanical devices, in accordance with approved procedures and current instructions.
- Determines, by personal inspections in accordance with criteria specified by Targa Transports, that vehicles are in a safe operating condition before leaving company facility.
- Perform product testing and shakeout as required on each load
- Works a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to work up to the maximum hours allowed by the DOT. May be assigned on a short-term basis to other Targa Transport locations or work sites.
- Transport Drivers will be driving day cabs and will be slip seating on a 24 hour basis
- Transport Driver position is required to provide / assist with the training of new drivers and retraining those drivers who are returning to work after extended leave.
- Complete special projects / duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a valid, current Class A commercial driverâ€™s license with Hazardous Materials and Tank endorsements
- Minimum of two (2) years of Over the Road (OTR) or regional experience.
- Must possess an excellent driving/safety record.
- Must meet all requirements for drivers as set forth in Part 391-Qualification of Drivers of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Requires demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision, and the ability and knowledge to respond to emergency situations with appropriate action.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of and experience with preventive maintenance procedures necessary to perform routine DOT inspections for tractors and trailers.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Hazardous Material Shipping Documentation.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities and desire to handle materials safely, while driving, loading and unloading, etc.
- Requires demonstrated communications, interpersonal, and teamwork skills necessary to work safely and effectively with customers and Targa employees.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team
- Two (2) yearsâ€™ experience driving with chemical and/or fuel tank trailers â€" crude oil experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.