NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Corporate QA VQS (Vendor Quality Surveillance) Specialist for a contract role in Calgary. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations.
- Being responsible for management of the inspection assignments for each of the individual POs assigned to him/her.
- Interfaces with others in the company (engineering, SM, asset integrity, maintenance, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Reviews Vendors and Sub-vendors' ITPs to ensure that they meet the requirements of the project.
- Prepares and issues Inspection Assignments for Third Party Inspector activities. Archives acknowledged Inspection Assignment in company database.
- Convenes, coordinates and conducts the Pre-fabrication Meetings at the Vendor's facility.
- Reviews Inspection Reports for compliance with assignment instructions and PO requirements.
- Distributes inspection reports, IFL and signed ITP in a timely manner to the Project QA Lead / Engineers
- Verifies invoices for inspection hours & distance by comparing with inspection reports.
- Ensures that inspection activities are conducted in accordance with PO requirements and project's approved Inspection and Test Plans.
- Conducts and reports on interim and ad-hoc inspection visits to Vendors and Sub-Vendors, as required by the project.
- Oversees and assists in the resolution of Non-conformance Reports, outstanding items and inspection wavers raised against assigned POs
- Experienced in checking content of Manufacturer Data Book to ensure that it meets project requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance or Engineering role.
- P.Eng is required
- Bachelor degree or Engineering Technology Diploma in mechanical, metallurgy engineering or equivalent (registered or eligible for registration with APEGA or ASET).
- Familiarity with ASME and API Codes, CSA W47.1/W59 and other industry standards.
- Strong soft skills and firm proficiency in writing and speaking in English
- Understanding of work related documents, including engineered drawings and Bill of Materials
- Calgary (with Traveling to Vendor Shops)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.