Skills: Perforation, Wireline
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Gun Loader is responsible for loading perforating guns in a safe and efficient manner to deliver a high level of service quality and compliance of safety standards. The candidate must demonstrate safe work habits and be able to work effectively on their own as well as with a team. Major responsibilities include loading perforating guns, and tracking/maintaining explosive inventory control list. All jobs within Universal Wireline must be executed safely and in accordance with all regulatory and Uwire specific Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
The Wireline Gun Loader works under the direct supervision of the Shop Foreman and or other supervisor as deemed necessary.
• Responsible for assembling perforating guns and will assist with tool string assembly for use on job locations.
• Load explosive chargers (powder or chemicals) and cords into perforating guns, and carriers used in shooting or burning holes through tubing, casings, and earth formations.
• Store loaded guns, explosives and related materials as per standard operating procedures.
• Assemble, disassemble, inspect and report on worn or broken parts for replacement. Ensure new or repaired parts fit correctly.
• Performs preventative maintenance and inspections, and record/report findings and take appropriate actions
• Responsible for and demands safe operations for all individuals on the jobsite
• Loads and assembles perforating guns at the shop and wellsite per customer requirements.
• Document explosives removed from the explosive magazines.
• Perform meter checks on perforating guns.
• Sign in and sign out explosives from the explosive magazines.
• Performs inventories of explosive magazines to ensure accuracy of all explosives.
• Orders supplies from suppliers.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Able to read and understand customer wellsite procedures.
• Able to successfully meet pre-employment testing requirements, including Essential Functions Test.
• Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and work independently when required.
• Ability to prioritize tasks with many distractions, while managing multiple projects simultaneously to meet customer deadlines.
• Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field
• Perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary
• Proficient computer skills to include MS Office Suite and other business systems such as Oracle, as well as use of smart phones, laptops, and tablets.
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Must be able to pass an ATF lifetime background check
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Eligible to drive Company vehicle for company purposes including ability to meet requirements of Company's Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy.
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Employee Possessor issued by the ATF (Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms).
• Knowledge of wireline technologies including pressure control, perforating components, data acquisition systems and troubleshooting techniques
• Current ATF License
In 2001, Patterson Energy and UTI Energy merged to form Patterson-UTI. The combined company continued to grow through a series of successful mergers and acquisitions. Today, our company comprises an impressive collection of top-tier talent, equipment and technology. As one of the top oilfield services companies in the United States, our success stems from our ready-to-serve culture and commitment to quality and safety.