At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Lead Motor Product Engineer will work in a technical leadership role to develop new products and provide technical support for legacy and newly introduced products to applications engineering, manufacturing and field operations. The areas of product responsibility include submersible electric motors as the primary focus, and power cable / motor lead cable as an ancillary focus. This position can be located in Oklahoma City, OK or Claremore, OK.Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate development projects and work with other departments (Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Laboratory, Quality, Marketing, etc.) to ensure on-time completion of development projects within budget
- Provide technical support for products to product line leadership, field operations, applications engineering, and manufacturing
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make sound design recommendations
- Assess results for applicability, validity, and conformance to specifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience with rotating electrical machinery
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus
- Electromagnetic design experience with motors or generators
- Working knowledge of insulation systems for rotating electrical machinery
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive for results
- Ability to identify needs and transform them into relevant projects to meet technical objectives of the product line
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently
- A good understanding of quality management systems, manufacturing and testing processes, and field operations
Oklahoma City, OK or Claremore, OK