Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Competentia seeks a Project Quality Lead for a position with our client, a global EPC company offer full life cycle project support to the oil & gas industry
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Houston, TX
- Establishes strategic objectives focused on standardizing Quality requirements across Customer's portfolio of projects.
- Evaluates complex customer requirements and determines how Client standard Quality systems and/or processes best meet those needs.
- Represents Client perspectives and communicates Client processes to Customers to achieve Customer success.
- Negotiates mutually acceptable project quality requirements with Customer and facilitates execution through project lifecycle.
- Uses systemic thinking and understanding of broader organizational implications to drive creative and unique solutions.
- Interprets internal and external Quality requirements for impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions.
- Anticipates contractual and regulatory risks and identifies appropriate mitigation activities.
- Participates in establishing global contract quality requirements and ensures compliance, anticipating when to consult with other departmental functions.
- Ensures cooperation and interaction across many diverse parties both internal and external to the organization, often managing conflicting interests and/or demanding customers.
- Represents regional perspectives in global workgroups in a collaborative manner to drive continuous improvement that result in efficient/leaner processes.
- Analyzes the effects of organizational changes and/or project deliverables refining processes, methods, or reports accordingly.
- Drives implementation of customer specific requirements and processes.
- Reviews contractual, regulatory, technical, etc. risks and develops tools/processes to mitigate those risks.
- Leads functional project teams and manages critical timelines with the goal to streamline and provide critical customer service through collaborative personal interaction.
- Leads global alignment initiatives for project quality, identifies corresponding implementation plans and facilitates deployment.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of Quality processes/requirements and communicates as needed.
- Leads/supports internal and Customer audits and drives required corrective actions to closure.
- Analyzes trends or deviations from standards and implements creative and unique cross functional solutions.
- Regularly interfaces with departmental staff, senior staff, and frequently internal and external partners.
- Trains Quality Engineers, project management and operators in quality processes and Customer quality requirements.
- Coaches direct reports and mentors others.
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Master's degree preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Expert knowledge of company core Quality processes and organizational Quality goals with ability to lead a team offering clients best practice solutions to complex problems.
- At least four years of related experience preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and associated documentation processes preferred
- Working understanding of core manufacturing processes such as: forging, fabrication, machining, coating and welding
- Ability to understand Client and Customer requirements and identify cause and effect impact related to gaps between the same.
- Strong ability to persuade and influence cross-functionally at all levels.
- Experience with and knowledge of industry/regulatory standards, customer requirements.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.