At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes has an opening for Field Operator to support Artificial Lift in Dickinson, ND.Essential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision is responsible for spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on electrical submersible pumps (ESP) systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing is being pulled out of the well. Bands cable onto tubing as the down unit and tubing are being run into the well.
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations. May be called upon to assist with training new Cable Installation employees.
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records. Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork.
- Completes daily time sheet. Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well.
- The ability to collect information during testing and inspection to provide customers with recommendations on equipment or cable status.
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Will be required to lay down equipment
- Assist field specialist on location as required
- High School Diploma
- 1+ year of Mechanical experience
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license and must be able to obtain Class A CDL within 30 days of hire
- Must be able to perform frequent travel in the field
- Must be able to be on call Sunday - Saturday, 24/7
- Candidates must be a team player
- Class A CDL preferred
- Previous experience in the oil Field
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with electrical submersible pumps(ESP)