Baker Hughes, a GE Company is seeking a Global Procurement Manager - Raw Material in Houston, TX at our Emmott Road facility.Essential Responsibilities:
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes health, safety and environmental policies, legal compliance requirements and Baker Hughes core values.
- Align with Product line, S&OP and Fulfillment team to keep plant procurement and suppliers prepared with potential orders or change.
- Implement mill run for raw material
- Engage with Strategic sourcing and facilitate strategy implementation and provide ground zero requirement to create strategy blueprint
- Responsible for procurement projects and activities including other stakeholders to reduce lead-time and cost.
- Provides regular progress updates on areas of responsibility to Supply Chain leadership and other stakeholders.
- Guide plant raw material buyers for raw material substitution and using best cost source
- Create support system to connect all CWI buyers, sharing best practices to improve process, create visibility and remove silos.
- Supplier engagement. Develop global stock availability report
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent field of study.
- 8+ years' experience in sourcing/procurement for raw material (metal tubes and bars) including 2+ years' experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent management and collaboration skill
- Excellent ability to communicate with internal customers and suppliers.
- SAP knowledge and experience required
- Strong negotiation and contract skills.
- Open to travel. Job will require up to 25% travel domestic or Global
- Well-rounded Supply Chain experience and job history with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Energetic self-starter that must be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- CWI Product or Part exposure
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more