Baker Hughes, a GE Company is currently hiring a TPS External Affairs Manager based in Houston, TX.
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge to lead communications in a strategic region, enhancing brand and shaping thought leadership in the energy transition space? Are you a game changer that can thrive in a fast-paced environment? In this role, you will develop and drive strategic communications for one of Baker Hughes' four product company divisions - the Turbomachinery & Process solutions (TPS) business. Headquartered in Florence, Italy and with operations in 120 countries, TPS boasts one of the industry's most extensive portfolios for rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology, and lifecycle services, serving the oil and gas and industrial sectors. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a media relations and thought leadership strategy that helps protect, build and enhance Baker Hughes' reputation as a Turbomachinery & Process Solutions provider with key stakeholders in the communities in which it operates, with a particular focus on the Americas region. In partnership with the broader global TPS Communications team, you will also act as a strategic communications partner for Flow & Process Technology (F&PT), one of the TPS business lines headquartered in Houston. You will be involved in a broad range of initiatives including deal announcements, financial communications, marketing communications and connecting TPS messaging to public policy.
This role reports directly to the Director of TPS Communications and is part of a broader communications team based in multiple countries. The right candidate will partner strongly with the TPS External Affairs Leader based in Florence, Italy where TPS is headquartered.Essential Responsibilities:
- Drives TPS media relations to support business growth and public affairs objectives, encompassing trade, local, national, international and social media outlets and building relationships with key target media
- In collaboration with the broader Communications team identifies and develops 360-degree story telling opportunities for TPS, positioning the Baker Hughes brand with key influencers in the communities in which it operates in the Americas
- Drives the TPS Americas issues management approach and leads coordination in times of crisis, ensuring issue/crisis preparedness is aligned with the overall Baker Hughes work on risk management, feeding into enterprise heat map tracking.
- Engages on Reputational Issues and acts as a strategic counsellor to the TPS Americas & F&PT product line leadership team
- Supported by the TPS Marketing Communications team and 3rd party partners, leads on reviewing and revamping marketing communications collateral and developing a tailored program for F&PT channel partners
- Enhances the capabilities of the existing business spokespeople (and develops new ones as needed) for executive positioning
- Increases thought leadership capabilities and presence in the media by working with partner agencies, as well as the Segments and Technology teams in TPS to prepare new and thought-provoking articles relative to the energy industry and TPS' positioning
- Identifies and supports major TPS industry events in the Americas region and collaborates with a larger working group on bespoke events such as Baker Hughes' annual customer meeting in Florence, Italy
- Manages consistent, positive media coverage through strategic storytelling, capturing media coverage of major news announcements and supporting financial communications team on media strategy for major TPS disclosures.
- Contributes to TPS communications' team measurement and reporting of quarterly objectives.
- Supports and builds thought leadership strategy based on thorough analysis of the company's thought leadership potential in key areas relevant to the business.
- Supports Line of Sight process to ensure activities are anticipated and planned in advance.
- Collaborates with Social Media and Digital Platform Communications leaders to present unified messages on all media and social media channels while driving differentiated positioning for TPS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in communications, in an international environment
- Must have a superior ability of planning an editorial flow that follows and supports the business strategy, as well as demonstrated writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement communication campaigns that touch both the private and public sector
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English; additional languages such as Spanish also appreciated
- Established relationships with relevant reporters and media
- Previous experience with engaging public constituencies and connecting corporate messaging to public policy
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments, and effectively work and lead by influence in a matrix organization
- Clear thinker, with the ability to spot issues and handle crisis, flexing as and when needed
- Able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including outstanding influencing abilities and a strong team player
- Highly-inclusive, strong collaborator and team player who operates well in a team of teams
- Established relationships with major business leaders and local government leaders in the Americas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to relate well to all levels of leadership
- Proven ability of working with 3rd party agencies (PR, advertising, marketing communications and digital) to drive success
- Demonstrable innovation in the creation of multi-faceted communications campaigns
- Understanding of measurement and evaluation in communications
- Digital media strategic expertise
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more