The incumbent of this position is responsible for the oversight and management of all security projects and security systems. This position will also ensure adequate measures are taken to protect Shell personnel, property, information and reputation against security risks and threats.
- Assists in the development and implementation of security policies, programs, and contingency plan to minimize the security risks to all areas at the Scotford site,
- Assists in the management of requirements related to the Group Security Standard, the annual risk assessment and identification of countermeasures,
- Assists with conducting physical security surveys, HSSE audits, and Security Risk Assessments (SRA's),
- Interprets & enforces all existing security-related policies and procedures,
- Act as the secondary Security Focal Point and subject matter expert regarding security-related issues and concerns,
- Assists in the development of appropriate security plans in preparation for events that have the potential to attract security threats to the site (i.e. turnarounds, environmental protests),
- Assists with the development and any required updates to the site-specific security plans,
- Manages and conducts investigations related to employee and contractor security incidents, participates in the effective resolution of these matters and identifies areas of opportunity in the business controls in order to prevent reoccurrence,
- Supervises conducts and assists with investigations of a serious nature without encountering litigation or embarrassment to the company,
- Manages assurance activities for the Security team (i.e. LOD1),
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, and Provincial laws,
- Maintains expert knowledge of security-related trends and developments
- Builds and maintains a working network of Security professionals within the private and governmental sectors including local law enforcement agencies,
- Responsible for the handling and safeguarding of Security sensitive information,
- Assists with the management of the Security contract for the site along with ensuring the appropriate level of competency is available in this team for security incidents and site emergencies,
- Carries out Security awareness training related to all areas of security risks,
- Acts as a Lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for projects or turnarounds at the site,
- Provides security project/management services to business units/facilities including, but not limited to (a) security architectural design/review, (b) specification, evaluation and selection of security technology, systems, and hardware, (c) evaluation and selection of security vendors and service providers, and (d) project budgeting,
- Manages Security technology and systems (CCTV/Access System),
- Provides security-related emergency response services and coordinate activities in the event of site-wide emergency,
- Assist in the development of Security cost savings initiatives and tactics.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements
- Previous corporate or private security related experience.
- A good knowledge of criminal and civil law.
- A good knowledge of security risk assessment processes and security risks and countermeasures in the petroleum industry.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the company.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Act as an Ambassador for HSSE Department.
- Knowledgeable in Incident Command System (i.e. ICS 300).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.