Skills: Document Control
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Requisition ID: 81249
As a Document Control Clerk you will manage document control duties with minimal supervision in support of the project. You will be responsible for establishing document flow and distribution at the job site. Collecting and logging in of all contract documents and project documentation from mobilization through project completion. Reproducing, distributing, storing, and retrieving of documentation.
• Working knowledge of project's electronic document management software, InEight Document powered by TeamBinder
• Take part in the implementation of the document control processes by following the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and verification checklists
• Electronically receive, log, file and distribute all engineering documents from electronic document management system based on a pre-determined performance standard.
• Package field work packs electronically, then print, stamp, assemble, and package documents and drawings with project information
• Working knowledge of disciplines (pipe, electrical and mechanical) and related drawings. Ability to recognize and read a drawing with no labels by type.
• Post revisions and maintain computerized or manual control records and release documents notifying all affected departments as needed.
• Basic understanding of document types, including but not limited to: Drawings, Specifications, Equipment Lists, Bills of Material, Legends, Sketches, Requests for information, etc.
• Prepare requests for reproduction of documents, operate reproduction equipment and prepare reports and memorandums.
• Work closely with expediting team to log the receipt of electronic shop drawings, specifications and hard copy manuals.
• Ensure documents are kept in compliance with the requirements of project contracts.
• Take part in the development and implementation of the project document turnover process.
• Assembly and compilation of client turnover package per client requirements.
• Conduct document control audits including, but not limited to, collection of old version drawings
• Effectively communicate with Document Control counterparts from other companies via fax, e-mail and/or telephone.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite, including working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint
• Basic aptitude in communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of document control procedures.
• Working knowledge of filing and record retention systems.
• Willing to perform a variety of tasks and learn new skills
• Capable of prioritizing work independently.
• Experience with TeamBinder and Bluebeam preferred
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least six months related experience and/or training
• Four years of post-high school education or equivalent combinations of training and experience preferred.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
Job Segment: Document Control, Clerical, Engineer, Chemical Research, Electrical, Administrative, Engineering