Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve .
Work individually and as a team to setup and run test programs for various oilfield completion tools to meet test qualifications outlined by industry standard or engineering team. Maintain testing equipment through scheduled maintenance and keep lab and testing areas clean.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and understand Weatherford's enterprise excellence program and the quality policy and comply with all requirements of the quality systems manual, operating and technical procedures, and workplace instructions.
- Assist with maintaining equipment in good working order.
- Gather test parts, equipment, and set up tests using overhead hoist and/or forklifts.
- Assist engineering team with assembly/repair of equipment/tools.
- Assist with inventory of test parts and equipment.
- Assist with operating test equipment (Triplex Pump, Centrifugal Pumps, Flow Systems, Nitrogen Boosters, Hydraulic Pumps, Forced-Air High-Temp Heater Systems, Manual and Pneumatic Valves, etc.)
- Conclude test setups and store equipment properly.
- Maintain the appearance of office, lab, and grounds around the facility.
- Clean up test facility and test equipment as required.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- 2-4 years experience in Oilfield/Labenvironment.
- Experience operating material handling equipment (Forklift, Overhead Hoist, etc.)
- Experience using hand tools (Pipe Wrench, Adjustable Wrenches, Screwdriver, Measuring Tape, etc.)
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to physically respond to emergency situations.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with High Pressure/High Temperature testing.
- Experience with High pressure Equipment(Tubing and fittings, Pressure gauges, etc.)
- Experience with Flow Equipment (Triplex Pumps, Centrifugal Pumps, Flow Systems, etc.)
- Experience assembling test casing, oilfield tools, test flanges, and hammer unions.
- Ability to read andcomprehend drawings/prints and tool layouts.
- Ability to read Micrometers, Calipers, and basic measurement tools.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.