Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Primat Recruitment have an urgent requirement for a Health & Safety Coordinator(Offshore Wind) to join our client based in Paris for a provisional 3 month contract, this is subject to a longer term extension.
The successfull candidate must be able to speak French aswell as English fluently.
As a Health and Safety Coordinator, you will review drawings and verify those against French legislation and standards, negotiating with different departments that the design risk assessment's adhere to the safety policies, international regulations and company expectations.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the general principles of prevention during design, construction and subsequent activities on the windfarm.
- Organise a proper safety coordination between simultaneous or successive activities of each (sub)contractor working on site in order to prevent coactivity related risks.
- Develop and maintain the project's Coordination Plan defining the set of measures to prevent the risks arising from the interference of simultaneous or successive activities of the various stakeholders on the construction site.
- Assists the Project owner, the Health and Safety Manager and the Project management from the preliminary design (APS)
- Establish the file of the subsequent interventions on the structure (DIUO) from the APS.
- Establish the safety register (RJC) from the APS.
- To develop and apply a sound understanding of European harmonized standards to assure machine and plant safety.
- Validates all equipment to be placed on the WTG, its documentation is complete and in compliance with statutory and national legislation.
- Developing a specific WTG-machine/plant-activity based hazard assessment to satisfy the French Labor Protection Act.
- Contribute in the development of the safety, rescue and evacuation concept for the OSS and Wind Turbines against general windfarm set up.
- Comment and review installation and commissioning procedures with a focus on machine and plant safety
- Conduct product audit at ship yard, after installation, pre-commissioning and take over.
- Contribute in developing safety & protection concept including necessary drills and exercises.
- Provide constant H&S management support to the project site by regular meetings, walk-downs and reporting through the site team.
- Conclude and document (hazard analysis) the correct use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn on the project.
- Assure identified mounted safety equipment on the assets is in compliance with French legislation.
- Assess, comment and document that either free issued equipment and machinery added to the plant does not provide hazards e.g. avoidance of collision or asset damage; unnecessary machine operator exposure; Site Acceptance Testing requirements under statutory/legislative requirements.
- Facilitate H&S project meetings with contractors; attend project meetings and represent H&S interests towards all stakeholders
- Define and drive incident reporting requirements for the packages and in close liaison with H&S Manager and the Offshore HSQ Business Office.
- Assist with accident and incident investigation affecting the assets.
Qualifications and Certificates
- BSc/BEng Degree (Engineering Oriented).
- CSPS Coordinator Level 1.
- Full GWO Offshore Wind Certificate.
- Offshore Medical Certificate.
- Must be able to speak French fluently.
- Ability to speak Spanish would be a benefit.
- Previous experience within Wind / Plant.
- Action Tracker / AutoCAD / ISO 45001/9001.