Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Onshore O&M business unit is looking for a Project Specialist that will be responsible for processing timesheets of employees who are contracted to work for oil and gas clients. The appropriate individual must be extremely detail oriented, work well under pressure, and work the necessary hours to meet deadlines.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Knowledge of each project on how we pay employees/consulates, bill clients and any additional information pertaining to each client
- Manually enters timesheets/expenses in Oracle Time & Labor (OTL)
- Input timesheet and AP corrections
- Reviews coding on employee/contingent worker timecard to ensure we are paying employee/contingent worker and billing client accurately.
- Reviews SOE each Blue and Red payroll and AP weekly report to ensure employee/contingent worker payment is accurate
- Validate certain criteria on all new hires, changes, and terminations
- Responsive to employee inquiries and able to assist in the resolution of any timesheet or pay issues
- Scans approved back up data into shared files for billing
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining all client approvals (systematic and manual )
- Knowledge of the various vacation and holiday plans
- Handles highly confidential and sensitive information and performs with a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Must be able to plan and prioritize work effectively
- Resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information effectively
- Maintains confidentiality regarding Customer, client and employee information
- Has the ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment
- Creates spreadsheets with timesheet data as needed
- Documents and maintains procedures
- Provides back-up to other team members
- Various additional task as requested
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Service oriented attitude
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.