Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
You will be responsible for managing the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution.Essential Responsibilities:
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities and proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives such as develop new suppliers,
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability Budget Control for assigned commodity to reach cost out targets.
- Fulfill PO process in line with sourcing standard & production schedule: Request for Quotation, issue PO & PO Acknowledgement.
- Work closely with Global sourcing team / SQE / Logistic to drive supplier to expedite PO delivery to meet established delivery requirements
- Handle specification changes, NCR process for action related with supplier
- Be main contact for supplier regarding commercial issue such as payment, logistic ...etc. to ensure proper and in-time solution
- Applying right supplier strategy for assigned commodity with regular monitor on quality/cost/delivery performance
- Support sourcing leader to build up metrics and contribute to reach excellence of metrics
- Support sourcing leader to drive improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management
- Prepare yearly & quarterly plans
- Relevant working experience, especially in sourcing or related with parts and material expertise.
- Experience with manufacturing processes, preferably in electronics commodities
- Hands-on experience in supplier development - practical manufacturing (shop floor) exposure
- Strong financial, negotiation and business analytical skills.
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal, influencing, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) clearly at all levels-fluent in English
- High level of organization, ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Efficient with Oracle, AP systems
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- PC and database proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more