Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under direct supervision, rigs up and rigs down cementing service equipment on work locations to include spotting of cement storage vessels, pre-mixing of spacer fluids, identifying additives to be mixed on-the-fly, rigging-up appropriate data monitoring equipment, planning emergency backup equipment and contingencies.
- Learns to perform pre-job calculations related to: pipe capacities and volume/height math, plug landing pressures, absolute volumes (including total water requirements for job), hydrostatic and differential pressure, resulting forces, balanced plugs, bulk cement blending, calculations to include liquid additives and weighted spacers, and pressure to reverse.
- Learns to complete documents, reports, and forms related to the cementing service performed.
- Trains and provides guidance to operator assistants in the proper performance of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and associated paperwork and/or reports.
- Trains operator assistants in the operation of some or all of the following: cement pumping and mixed equipment, blenders, liquid additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition systems, Automatic Density Control (ADC) systems, bulk cement blending, delivery, and storage systems, manifold equipment, and cementing plug releasing tools.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of products such as cementing blends, spacer fluid systems, sodium silicate fluid system, loss circulation additives, casing attachments, float equipment, multiple stage cementing tools, and squeeze packers.
- Understands basic lab test data such as pump time, density, yield, water ratio, etc.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through successful completion of high school or similar education and experience as an Operator Asst-Cementing, II.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment may be required.
- May require I-Learn courses: General Hydraulics for Downhole Tools and Essential Preventative Maintenance.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- A passing score on job-related tests or meeting task guidelines is required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 78857
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.