Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Pipeline Integrity Engineer, on a 12 month contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
- Responsible for providing front-line technical support and coordination of work scopes to UKBU Operated Sites to ensure effective integrity management of pipeline systems:
- Pipelines and Flowlines
- Flexible and Rigid Risers
- Riser Emergency Shutdown Valves (RESDV) and Subsea Isolation Valves (SSIV)
- Subsea pipeline related structures (e.g. manifolds, SSIVs, towheads, etc).
- Support the management system processes for integrity management of pipeline systems including maintaining pipeline RBA/ RBI Plans and annual integrity reporting.
- Produce Safely: Support the TA in their role as SECE focal point for the discipline, including data acquisition for SECE annual reviews
- Maximise Production: Participate in Production Loss reporting and bad actor elimination incorporating root cause failure analysis & Quality Improvement processes, championing discipline specific opportunities to Maximise Production
- Spend Wisely: Ensure effective monitoring of OPEX / CAPEX Budgets within area of accountability. Demonstrate effective & efficient Management of 3rd party contracts to minimise the impact of resource and equipment on site
- Support the UK Subsea Technical Authority measuring compliance with the performance standards across the whole network of UKBU operated pipelines and so maintain the integrity of the subsea systems
- Ensure that the Premier Oil Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS) is complied with and assist with updating the system when appropriate using the Pipeline Integrity Management Contractor
- Manage the interface with the HSE Pipelines Inspectorate and other related departments regarding the permitting, licencing, authorisations, notifications and consents (PLANC) together with the annual HSE review of pipelines
- Manage the pipeline inspection campaigns and where possible utilise cross-asset synergies to reduce costs by combining workscopes
- Manage the Pipeline Corrosion Management Strategies across the whole network of UKBU operated pipelines
- Assist with regular auditing of PIMS
- Liaise with UKBU projects & 3rd party projects providing technical input and information where appropriate and manage the interface accordingly
- Responsible for management of pipeline data and documentation, including inspection and anomaly databases.
- Responsible for assisting the Execution & Reporting of Pipeline integrity and assurance activity on Operated Assets in accordance with CMMS compliance schedule.
- Responsible for packaging pipelines work fronts on operating sites and identifying most cost effective and efficient logistical means to mobilise materials and resource.
- Responsible for management of and communication of Discipline planned scopes within Integrated Asset Plan (IAP) ensuring full compliance with gate criteria.
- Conduct yearly reviews of the spares strategy in place, updating and amending as required to support offshore assets
- Assist TA where appropriate. TA will delegate suitable tasks to aid development
- Provide input into Maintenance Assurance, Safety Critical and Planned Maintenance Strategy reviews
- Regularly visit offshore sites and Contractors offices/sites when required
- Ensure close interface with JV accountant to support area of budget responsibility delivery - Commitments, VOWD, Actuals versus planned etc.
- Ensure full compliance with SCM and Finance and A/P processes for service receipts and supplier management etc.
- Ensure full compliance with Integrated Asset Planning process to ensure all scopes comply with gate criteria
- Ensure full compliance with Management of Change process for all technical solutions delivered on behalf of Operated Assets.
- Ensuring clear demonstration that the technical discipline has the correct controls in-place in a lean, practical, effective and transparent manner.
- Optimisation of approach and increasing reliability/efficiency across a diverse asset base.
- Aging Infrastructure in general involving design and life extension of old equipment
- Budget constraints putting pressure on obtaining sufficient data to maintain integrity confidence
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Work within approved budgets, identifying potential gaps or overruns timeously
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- UKCS BOSIET / FOET
- Valid UKCS Offshore Medical
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Skills / experience:
- Experience in operating with pipeline integrity and pipeline engineering on both mature and greenfield sites within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience with oil & gas operations (topsides & subsea) and associated equipment and corresponding risks from a technical and practical stand-point.
- Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes.
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
Expert knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS). E.g. Maximo Working knowledge of Synergi Working knowledge of regulatory HSE reporting requirements in UKCS related to Pipelines Working knowledge of anomaly management software systems (e.g. Coabis, Dataverse)
Attributes and behaviours:
- A collaborative individual who always seeks to optimise benefits for the greater asset group.
- A proven HSE Leader with a proactive approach to HSE performance an effective communicator A cost conscious service and performance driven individual Adaptable to change Innovative problem solver Flexible in approach to achieving the work scope