Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemicals and additives; and develop and deploy technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations.
Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way - by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We take great pride in enabling human progress by developing the energy that improves lives and powers the world forward.
Chevron Canada has been responsibly developing Canada's abundant energy resources for more than 80 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Chevron Canada has interests in oil sands projects and liquids-rich shale gas acreage in Alberta; exploration, development and production projects offshore Newfoundland and Labrador; a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project and shale acreage in British Columbia; and exploration and discovered resource interests in the Beaufort Sea region of the Northwest Territories.
Chevron Canada Resources is actively seeking a Social Performance Advisor to join the Canadian Business Unit (CBU). This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and will report to the Social Performance Team Lead in Chevron Canada's Corporate Affairs Division. This role requires interaction with Chevron North American Exploration and Production group, Global Social Performance team and other corporate affairs staff, as well as cross-functional teams within the Canadian Business Unit. Some travel required to the Kitimat LNG project area (BC) and the Kaybob Duvernay project area (Alberta) and on occasion to Atlantic Canada.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Social Performance Advisor located in Calgary, Alberta through Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Strategic social investment planning, execution, reporting, budgeting, communication and metric reporting. Includes JV partner engagement on KLNG social investments and management of signature Canadian Business Unit (CBU) social investment programs. Ensures compliance activities are completed for social performance partnerships and payments.improvement.
- Stakeholder and indigenous engagement. Working closely with CBU Indigenous Advisors and Government Relations team, evaluate CBU utilization of Stakeholder Management Systems (SMS) and applications. Recommend system(s) of record, based on CBU business needs and the Canadian legal and regulatory landscape. Engagement with local community and non-profit right and stakeholders and contribute to an annual refresh of CBU engagement plans and strategy.
- Lead CBU social impact assessment process. Position will also provide input into the health and environment areas of project impact identification, mitigation and management. (Kabob Duverney and Kitimat LNG)
- Projects as assigned. (Stakeholder Engagement Impact Management, Risk Profile, Global Social Performance)
- Engage with the Global Social Performance team and a developed network of external thought leaders regarding strategies and trends in the social performance space. (Partnership brokering, social innovation.)
- Working group member of the Responsible Energy Development team.
- CBU Emergency Response Team member.
- Bachelor's degree, preference for public relations, communications or related discipline focus.
- 10+ years of directly relevant upstream Corporate Affairs experience is required.
- Well-developed relationship management skills to nurture an extensive network of internal company contacts and external industry contacts. Strategically uses these networks to keep abreast of business trends and help resolve business issues.
- Strong project management skills, strategic planning and ability to direct tactical implementation among staff and/or peers.
- Well-developed computer, presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to represent Chevron's interests in a constructive and professional manner during interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team environment, both supporting other team members and contributing to the effectiveness and reliability of the team.
- Demonstrates proactive, diplomatic, collaborative approach with ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, business leaders and external stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to effectively organize and execute tasks for multiple stakeholders, with at times overlapping and conflicting timelines and priorities.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.