Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Expatriate Employee Tax Analyst (Contract) located in London , Greater London /United Kingdom ,
This will be a maternity cover contract (9 months).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Work with outsourced payroll and tax providers to track and monitor payroll for correct application of PAYE for outbound expatriates on the UK payroll (including ensuring Certificates of Coverage are monitored)
- Application of A1's/COC's for UK outbound expatriates.
- Liaise with Tax Providers and deal with general tax instructions, new legislation, and interpretation of policy from a tax perspective.
- Liaise with Tax Providers and deal with general tax queries relating to prior years.
- Dealing with queries from other jurisdictions relating to tax/social security queries and provision of compensation data as requested.
- Assist with any Section 9A queries from Tax Advisers
- Individual queries from expatriates/Global Administration Expatriate team (i.e. internal)
- Draft comms for distribution to update Chevron personnel (or relevant parties) regarding statutory changes.
- Deal with HMRC on queries (including outstanding historical issues)
- Project involvement on specific projects as and when required.
- Works with vendors to measure their performance, and provide management reports.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a financial related discipline is strong preferable.
- ATT/CTA tax qualification is desired
- Specific UK expatriate tax technical knowledge is essential.
- In-depth understanding of employment tax statutory filing obligations and prior experience in the preparation of the PSA
- Experience of global mobility would ensure a good insight into understanding the work.
- General understanding of other country requirements, tax treaties etc that have an impact to tax or payroll situations
- HR knowledge would be advantageous
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot table skill-level)
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ideally a background working in team environment and independently as required.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Workplace Inclusion & Diversity
Chevron seeks to attract and develop the brightest minds to support, advance and enable best practices, innovation and evolving the energy landscape.
- Chevron is striving to be an employer of choice and leader for an inclusive and diverse workplace where we are actively supporting the promotion of equality for all employees at all levels.
- Chevron is working to close any gender gap where it may exist; equal pay or enabling a representative and meritocratic progression to careers and reaching senior roles across the organisation.
- Chevron is focused on growing a culture where people with disabilities can excel through support in role and long-term career opportunities including workplace adjustments.
- Chevron considers itself a learning and flexible employer and want to support everyone to bring their best self to every day.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at EuropeHRSSRecruitment@Chevron.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as permissable by local law(s).
Chevron Group will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Chevron. Anyone who requests or requires a fee is not an authorised Chevron representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.