Provide functional HSSE support to T&S India to implement HSSE procedures/standards, drive overall improvement in HSSE performance and provide independent assurance to ensure compliance of Group HSSE standards and applicable HSSE regulatory requirements.
- Jointly works with the Lead HSSE Advisor for India for all HSSE related activities
- Supports the Regional HSSE Manager - T&S East and T&S Senior HSSE Advisor in regional/cluster HSSE activities with the other HSSE advisors in the region/cluster.
- Provide HSSE field support to local operations to ensure HSSE compliance of applicable HSSE-SP Control Framework requirements, Group/DS standards, and HSSE regulatory requirements.
- Work with T&S team to drive compliance to Process Safety and Process Safety Fundamentals (MOC,PTW, HEMP etc) with all T&S Facilities in India
- Assist the operations to develop HSSE plans and procedures aligned with overall T&S & Group HSSE strategy (Goal Zero).
- Implement and/or support overall T&S & Group HSSE initiatives, ensure buy-in and alignment between HSSE functional group and T&S businesses.
- Support and ensure all significant or high potential incidents are investigated and that learning is shared appropriately and agreed Remedial Actions are closed out in a qualitative and timely manner, including supporting Tripod reviews with the T&S team.
- Facilitate or support HRA, SRA and HEMP bowtie analysis where applicable.
- HSSE-MS compliance follow-up with contractors. Participation in contractor appraisals (Greenbanding), audits and follow-ups.
- Coordinate all internal/external HSSE Audit plans and their execution including Independent HSSE-MS Audits
- Promote the identification and sharing of best practice locally and across regions/globally including learning from incidents.
- Analyze T&S incident statistics for management reporting requirements and to properly identify areas for Improvement. Research, investigate, find and fix the root causes of any significant issues identified.
- Ensure timely and accurate HSSE reporting as per Group & T&S reporting guidelines (GPMR)
- Represents T&S in inter-business HSSE and external Safety engagements
- Supports Project Development with direct HSSE support in the front end and implementation phases following the ODM process
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behavior will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Carry out HSSE & SP Risk Management - Skill
- Plan and Prepare for Emergency Response - Skill
- Manage Personal Safety Risks - Skill
- Integrate HSSE & SP in Planning and Procedures - Skill
- Investigate and Learn from HSSE & SP Incidents - Skill
- Application of Safety HEMP Tools - Knowledge
- Safety Behavior & HSSE Culture - Knowledge
- Lead, Prepare & Apply HSSE Risk Management - Knowledge
- Process / Technical Safety Engineering - Knowledge
- Monitor and Report HSSE & SP Performance - Skill
- HSSE Assurance - Knowledge
- Manage Environmental Risks and Aspects - Knowledge
- Manage Transport Safety Risks - Knowledge
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops - Skill
- Delivers Results Through Others - Skill
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.