Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible to improve asset availability by reducing the asset turnaround time through reduction of asset waiting for maintenance, Down for Parts/RAN, Down for Failure, and Work-in-Process.
- Perform activities as assigned by the Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM) Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, or Technician.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is maintained according to the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for the Product Line and the relevant maintenance programs.
- Responsible to support Continuous Improvement culture and initiatives. Communicate, report, and document suggestions, ideas, lessons-learned, and best practices for continuous improvement.
- Responsible to implement Reliability Improvement practices.
- Ensure technicians utilize maintenance business systems to reach full cost, time and equipment traceability for maintenance performance (movements, work orders, parts used, and time to maintain).
- Coach junior technicians.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 year oilfield maintenance experience
- Specific experience working on centrifuges, shakers, VFD panels, pumps, and chokes preferred but not required
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to travel within the US
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.